Although the emissions of each car is usually small compared with the smoke of many people associate with air pollution, are economies of scale of the personal car of the biggest polluters in the big cities because millions of vehicles recorded on the road. Every time we go we are engaged in the most “polluting” the activity of the day.
Emissions from vehicles have a significant impact on our health and the environment, namely the ozone layer. Although our car manufactures various types of pollutants, the following are among the strongest:
- Hydrocarbons: You are known to cause liver damage and even cancer in humans. They are also a major factor in smog in urban areas. To produce motor vehicles as a result of unburned hydrocarbons and partially burned.
- Carbon monoxide: This is the stuff that kills you when you fall asleep in the garage with a car with the engine running. A product of incomplete combustion, has nothing to do with the carbon monoxide to color and the smell of smoke from the nozzle: Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless, which is lighter than air. Carbon monoxide reduces the blood’s ability to transport oxygen, as you know overexposure can be fatal.
- Nitrogen oxides: The pollutant destroyed the ability of our body to an infection of the airways to resist. In cars, nitrous oxide is the result of a reaction of nitrogen from the air and oxygen at high temperature and pressure that occurs during combustion.
- Particles: This is the visible smoke or soot, which you can see from the exhaust pipe and consists of very small particles. Like smoking, the respiratory health effects in humans caused concern and even animals.
- Sulfur oxides: These are emitted by vehicles with internal combustion engines with a high concentration of sulfur. Exposure to sulfur dioxide affects the lungs and at high levels can lead to overheating of the nose and throat, difficulty breathing and severe airway obstruction.
- Carbon dioxide: Although it is a product of “perfect” combustion, and a direct impact on human health, there is a “greenhouse gas” that traps heat and contributes to global warming potential in general.
Although advances in engine technology and vehicle showed a significant reduction of emissions from motor vehicles, but the large number of vehicles on the road is to stop this development. It is to do so for each person what they can to reduce further, if not eliminate, pollution from cars overall imperative, here are some things that you can do in order to save the earth:
Consider buying a green car, or at least, an environmentally friendly car for your next car. This could be a hybrid or other vehicle that was specifically designed to reduce exhaust emissions. Depending on the price of electric cars will be the best option if they go into production in a few years “because they produce no emissions.
The switch to cleaner fuels or biofuels – fuels made from plants and biomass. If appropriate, low-sulfur also a good green option.
Consider the addition of additives to the engine clean as EnviroTabs on your next purchase of fuel. Even vitamins car is known, they are to your tank every time you fill and clean the carbon residue in the engine was added to a sharp decrease in exhaust emissions and better mileage per gallon / liter because of the efficiency of the engine, the results. You can also sell these products to friends and other people and make money for themselves!